1) What should I do to increase load in my premises?
A). You have to approach the ward offices of the Customer Care Departments and submit a prescribed requisition form. You will be permitted to use additional power after meeting of compliances like Test Report, deposit & installation of higher capacity meter if required by BEST.
2) How can I improve power factor?
A). The power factor can be improved by installing capacitors. You have to approach a authorized Licensed Electrical Contractor to carry out the work of Capacitor installation.
3) What is a Compact Fluorescent Lamp (CFL)?
A). It is a special lamp, which delivers more lumen output at less watts. Compared to ordinary tungsten filament lamps for the same wattage. Example: 11 watts CFL is equivalent to 60 watts ordinary Tungsten Filament lamp.
4) Will CFL reduce my electric bill?
A). Yes, because for the same illumination level less wattage CFL can be used.
5) Is it necessary to install earth leakage circuit Breakers (ELCB) ?
A). Earth leakage circuit breakers, are circuit breakers which trip at very small leakage currents from defective appliances. ELCB is necessary to protect us from electric shocks. It is mandatory for all 3 phase loads & loads above 5 kW.
6) What safety precautions should be taken to avoid accidents?
A). Check wiring of your premises, if it is deteriorated get it replaced by authorized Licensed Electrical Contractors only.
Electric meter room should be waterproof and well ventilated.All appliances should be properly grounded.
ELCB’S should be provided on the wiring installation.
7) What is the minimum space required for establishing a sub-station?
A). The minimum standard requirements of space for establishing a sub-station is space of 8 meters by 5 meters, approximately 40 square meters.