Report Electricity Theft
The theft of electricity is non bailable offence under relevant provisions of the Electricity Act 2003. Theft of electricity is not only a loss to the BEST Undertaking, but it is loss to Society and Nation at large. It raises the cost of electricity to genuine customers. Further, it can lead to serious injury or death to general public and can cause financial loss due to electrical accidents, fires & explosions.
- Taking direct supply without electric meter
- Tampering of electric meter, loop connection or any other device or method which interferes the accurate registration of the meter.
- Damaging/ disturbing an electric meter, apparatus, equipment or wire to interfere accurate metering of electricity.
- Usage of electricity through tampered electric meter.
- Usage of electricity other than which the usage of electricity is authorized.
In order to curb the menace of theft of electricity, active & voluntary
support of consumers & general public is very essential. You can report
the electricity theft in your vicinity in the island city of Mumbai by filing the
following form :
If the information passed on to us results into successful raid/ case, then immediate monetary reward of 1% (subject to maximum 5,000/-) of the provisional claim will be disbursed to you. Subsequently, the monetary reward of 5% of the final assessment (subject to maximum 50,000/-) will be paid to you after complete recovery & closure of case as mentioned in the Administrative Order.